Join the Lollipop League – 2017
The following have completed all twelve hikes and are full members of the Shelton Lollipop League:
Participants will use our form to log each completed trail by listing the date each trail is hiked. The form can be used for up to four hikers, both two and four legged. All hikers are on the honor system to fill in their form. The official kickoff date is June 3rd, when we will host a guided hike starting at Pine Lake in honor of National Trails Day. Other guided hikes of Lollipop Trails will be scheduled until November and our annual Turkey Trot Trail Hike on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
This event is open to residents and non-residents of Shelton. No signup is required; hikers just download and print the form and view/print the 12 official maps from this website or obtain copies at the Shelton Community Center. Once hikers complete the 12 trails, they can mail the form to the address listed on the form, or it can be scanned/photographed and emailed as provided on the form. All hikers completing the challenge will be awarded a commemorative path tag, either in person at the Turkey Trot Trail Hike on Sunday, Nov. 26th, or via the mail, and names will be listed on our blog.
1. Use the 2017 Lollipop League Hike Form to record when you have completed each hike (available on this website and the last page of the pre-printed packets).
2. Hike the twelve loop trails listed below in any order you like. Be sure to check the hike maps and descriptions to walk the correct route. Updates and trail conditions will be listed online. All the hike maps and descriptions below can be downloaded as one .pdf file HERE and are also included in the pre-printed packets available at the Community Center).
1. Oak Valley Trail (2.1 miles)
2. Dog Paw and Flower Paths (1.7 mi.)
3. Turkey Trot Trail (2.0 mi.)
4. Nicholdale Farm (1.3 mi.)
5. Birchbank Trail (2.0 mi.)
6. Tahmore Loop (1.6 mi.)
7. Pine Lake to SIS Bypass Loop (2.3 mi.)- **TRAILS DAY HIKE JUNE 3
8. Lane Street Rec Path to Basil Brook Bypass (3.2 mi.)
9. Abbey Wright Loop (1.5 mi.)
10. Boehm Pond Loop and Spur (1.0 mi.)
11. Paugussett Indian Well Loop (5.9 mi.)
12. Paugussett Buddington Loop (3.0 mi.)
3. Optional: We encourage participants to share at least one photo of their adventures with us. Photos may be posted on this blog and/or the Shelton Trails & Conservation Facebook Page. Email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Submit your completed form to: Teresa Gallagher, Conservation Department, City Hall, 54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484. Forms can also be emailed to email@example.com, or dropped off in Teresa's office Room 102. We will accept forms up through the end of the year. Be sure to include your mailing address so we may send you a commemorative path tag.