Wednesday, June 6, 2012

National Trails Day - 2012

Weather and events affected this year's Trails Day hike, formerly known as the "Bridge to Bridge" hike. Originally scheduled for Saturday, rain forced a postponement, and our hike had to compete with other events in town. Nevertheless, we had a decent turnout for what turned out to be a gorgeous morning for an end-to-end walk on the Shelton Rec Path.


 
 We will gather at the river...I mean Pine Lake

Terrance briefs the hikers and points the way. Fortunately, most participants followed!
Some hikers had it easier than others

The start of the journey...crossing Pine Lake


Happy hikers!

No question, the Shelton Rec Path traverses some scenic and tranquil environments

The Trails Committee had cached cold drinks half way through the hike. It was much appreciated!

Even the pooches got to drink.

Another satisfied traveler



Teresa led a side-trip to the hidden waterfall

Most of the participants (no comments from the canine contingent) enjoyed the scenery, exercise, socializing, and spot lectures common to all of our hikes, and the Trails Committee looks forward to our future guided events.


1 comment:

  1. I am impressed, I've to say. I hardly ever discover a blog that is both informative and entertaining. And let me inform you, you might have hit the nail on the head. I am very completely satisfied that I stumbled throughout this in my search for something regarding it.

    ReplyDelete